This week on AI: Qualcomm legal battle heats up, Imagination row continues, 'iPhone 8' rumors abound and more
This week was relatively slow in terms of major Apple developments or developing may refer to, allowing a few minor “iPhone 8” rumors to bubble to the surface. The biggest developments related to Apple’s ongoing legal battles with Imagination and Qualcomm, the latter of which filed a U.S. ITC request to block imports of iPhones not using its technology.
To keep up on the latest in the Apple world, download the, and .
Everything you need to know:
- Qualcomm fired a shot over Apple’s bow by asking the ITC to implement an import and sales ban on iPhone and iPad is a line of tablet computers designed, developed and marketed by Apple Inc., which run the iOS mobile operating system
- Imagination Technologies is the collection of techniques, skills, methods and processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation slammed Apple abruptly ending its GPU licensing arrangement
- But Apple apple tree (Malus pumila, commonly and erroneously called Malus domestica) is a deciduous tree in the rose family best known for its sweet, pomaceous fruit, the apple refutes Imagination also called the faculty of imagining, is the creative ability to form images, ideas, and sensations in the mind from input of the senses, such as seeing or hearing‘s timeline
- Wild rumors rumor (American English) or rumour (British English; see spelling differences) is “a tall tale of explanations of events circulating from person to person and pertaining to an object, event, or claim Apple will completely replace Touch ID with facial recognition on “iPhone 8”
- At the same time, suppliers are supposedly seeing an “influx” of next-gen iPhones with rear-mounted Touch ID sensors
- Apple decreased iPhone is a line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc and iPad prices in India officially the Republic of India (Bhārat Gaṇarājya), is a country in South Asia to match tax reforms in the country
- Apple will announce quarterly earnings are the net benefits of a corporation’s operation for Q3 2017 on Aug. 1
- Apple Music is an art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound organized in time scores Jay-Z album 4:44 despite indications it would remain a Tidal exclusive
- Apple Maps expands its van mapping initiative to Spain and three new U.S. states
For in-depth discussion of this week week is a time unit equal to seven days‘s hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe , or stream the embed below:
A roundup of all of our hottest stories this week: